Fascinate while you educate!
The Diamagnetic Levitator is a thrilling new product that helps to display the method of magnetic suspension without the use of control devices, electromagnets, moving parts or materials requiring sub-freezing temperatures. Small scale models which levitate diamagnetic materials in place and hover around haven’t existed for the classroom, until now!
Students will have fun learning the complex principle of magnetic repulsion through diamagnetic levitation, which has captured the imagination of science and popular culture for decades and is just now finding application in practical devices, such as precision sensors and small–scale transport systems. The Diamagnetic Levitator has a sleek magnetic track which creates a repulsive force against the pyrolytic graphite board. The track has a slight arc allowing the board to oscillate back and forth for a very long time.
- One(1) PG Grade Pyrolytic Graphite levitation board
- Optimal rectangular geometry for maximum levitation
- Near friction-less movement (oscillates for several minutes)
- 36mm long x 15mm wide x 1mm thick (1.4” x 0.6” x 0.04”) 1 gram (0.04 oz.)
- Sleek, durable transparent fluorescent blue (SKU Neo6bu) acrylic support plates
- 2 – 3″ custom-made high grade NdFeB magnet assemblies to simulate 6” long half pipe “track”
- Product safety tested per ASTM F963-11 for Ages 8 and up
- 175mm long x 35mm wide x 32mm tall (6.9” x 1.4” x 1.3”) 219 grams (7.7 oz.)