Your days of cleaning up iron filing messes are over!
Simply place a magnet on top of the clear frame containing the magnetic particles and watch as they provide the same patterns as iron filings with none of the headaches of set up and clean up.
This kit, which includes 2 plastic cased magnets, 2 ferrite magnets, and a guide full of demo ideas, is a must for any magnetism lesson and works great in combination with an overhead projector.The entire frame is 9 inch (225mm) X 5 inch (126mm) X ½ inch (13mm), perfect for placement on an overhead projector!
In using this product, many of the national and states' science education standards are covered. Some examples are provided here. These are representative, however. Check with your state to find the exact standards.
- Students can create a representation of magnetic field lines around a bar magnet and qualitatively describe how the relative strength and direction of the magnetic force changes at various points.
- Students understand that magnets exert forces on all objects made of ferromagnetic materials (e.g. iron, cobalt, and nickel) as well as other magnets.
- Students can describe the forces exerted by magnets, electrically charged objects, and gravity.
- Students understand that magnetic forces act at a distance.
- Students know electric and magnetic fields contain energy and act as vector force fields
- Students understand that magnetic fields accompany magnets and are related to the strength and direction of the magnetic force.