Related Labs, Activities, and Other CoolStuff
Teaching Physics with Toys
Classroom tested and developed with funding from the National Science Foundation, the Teaching Science with Toys program was developed on the concept that students learn better with fun, hands-on experiments.
Aimed at specific grade levels, these easy-to-use workbooks give you dozens of fascinating activities that use fun, inexpensive toys to help your students more easily grasp complex concepts and principles by making connections between scientific phenomena and objects from their everyday lives.
Each activity comes complete with a list of key science topics covered and process skills used, estimated completion time, a materials list, step-by-step instructions, safety and disposal procedures, suggestions for varying and expanding the activity, an explanation of the results, and reproducible worksheets. Here are a few of the innovative activities you'll find in these books:
- Student guides for experiment planning and graphing
- Explore the principles of levers, gears, and pulleys built with K’NEX pieces.
- Step-by-step teaching notes and accompanying CD content with reproducible and customizable student pages.
- 22 hands-on investigations within 331 pages.
- Aimed specifically at grades 3-9.
- Preview the table of contents.