Item # P6-7300
You'll get "carried away" by this bag! Use the Solar Bag to demonstrate concepts of energy, thermodynamics, density, and buoyancy!
You'll get "carried away" experimenting with the Solar Energy Bag!
Use the Solar Bag to demonstrate concepts of energy, thermodynamics, density, and buoyancy! Take the 50-foot long, 36 inch diameter tube outdoors and fill it with air. Close the end, tether with string, and allow the sun's energy to heat the air in the bag. In a few minutes, the bag begins to float! Challenge students to explain their observations using kinetic theory and gas laws.
WHAT DOES IT TEACH?
1. Hot air is less dense than cool air.
2. Black objects absorb heat faster than the lighter colored surroundings.
3. Gases expand when heated.
4. Volume and temperature are directly related. As one increases, the other increases.
5. Archimedes’ Principle and Buoyancy.
Includes: 50'x36" bag, kite string, and detailed instructions.
Recommend but not included: Metersticks (P1-7072), Infrared Thermometer (68-6510 or 68-6500), scissors, and 2-inch roll cellophane packing tape
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
Add to Wishlist
Choose your wishlist to be added