Deluxe Van de Graaff Generator
Item # P6-3300
Wabash Instrument Corp
Item can be ordered
Generator provides power for all basic electrostatic experiments on a dramatic scale, with sparks of 8" to as high as 12" to 15". Yet with a maximum continuous current of just 10 microamps, it's quite safe for classroom use.
The Deluxe Van de Graaff Generator has a variable speed that will develop potentials as high as 350,000 volts, making it possible to perform all basic electrostatic experiments on a large and spectacular scale!
Designed to be rugged enough for any physics classroom, this unit will help you give demonstrations that will impress the socks off your students. The generator provides power for all basic electrostatic experiments on a dramatic scale, with sparks from 8 inches up to 15 inches long. Yet with a maximum continuous current of just 10 microamps, this unit is safe for classroom use.
Sample Activities are available for download under the "Resource" tab.
Recommended Storage Conditions for Replacement Belts:
- Store in a cool, dry place with a temperature below 75° F
- Keep away from direct heat or open flames
- Avoid contact with solvents or other fluids
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Keep products wrapped or sealed to minimize the absorption of moisture
- Store in a relaxed condition free from tension, compression or other deformation.
Notice: If Replacement Belts are stored correctly, expect a 3-year shelf-life.
- The repulsive forces available are relatively small and are quite insufficient to untangle hair or overcome any type of hair spray. The best results come from clean, straight, dry hair of perhaps 3 or 4 inches in length. 120v 60hz.
- Discharge Electrode sold separately.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
Overall Ht: 76cm
Lower Cabinet: 30 x 25 x 7.5cm
Item # P6-3310
Item # P6-3320
Item # P6-3330
Item # P6-3340
Item # P6-3360
Item # P6-3300-1