Air Puck Physics Kit
Item # P4-2155
Our exclusive Air Puck Physics Kit includes two pucks, inelastic collision kit, and puck launcher.
Demonstrate Newton's Laws on a big scale!
Demonstrate Newton's Laws, energy, and momentum with the amazing new Air Puck! It's perfectly balanced and glides on a cushion of air for nearly frictionless motion across any smooth surface. Sturdy bumpers will survive collisions with walls, shoes, or other Air Pucks. Each puck is powered by 4 AA batteries, not included. One set of 4 alkaline batteries will provide power for approximately 4 ten minute labs. Puck is 7.5" diameter x 2.5" tall.
The Air Puck Physics Kit Can Be Used to Demonstrate:
- Friction vs. Frictionless: Compare the Air Puck’s motion to that of a block of wood or sliding rubber tire. Discuss the effects of friction on different surfaces.
- Newton’s First Law (Law of Inertia): Demonstrate how the puck glides smoothly in a straight line until acted on by an outside force.
- Centripetal Motion: Attach a long elastic band to the puck and loop the free end around a round table leg. Push the puck in a circle and observe the effect of increasing speed on the stretch in the elastic band.
- Collisions and Conservation of Momentum and Energy: Use two Air Pucks to investigate the behavior of objects in collisions.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Two pucks
- Inelastic collision kit
- Puck launcher for a complete study of motion
The below table indicates expected RPM speed, current, voltage, and power when placing the WindPitch in constant wind speed of 10mph
when connected to load of 50 Ohms. This level of resistance may be applied using common potentiometer or Horizon’s variable resister
module (included in Renewable Energy Education Set- FCJJ-37).
|Blade Type||No. of Blade||Wind Speed (mph)||Load (Ohm)||Output Voltage (V)||Output Current (mA)||Output Power (W)||Rotor Speed (RPM)|