Item # P2-7030
This safe and affordable Cloud Chamber requires no dry ice or liquid nitrogen. Instead, the apparatus uses a specially designed cold plate that is capable of retaining a low temperature for about one hour by freezing the plate in a standard freezer. Tracks of radiation can be observed for about 20 minutes (until ethanol is vaporized) in a room at 25℃ (77°F). The cold plate can be used repeatedly by freezing it again. The only consumables required to observe radiation tracks are ethanol (99.5%) and hot water (~50° C). Detailed Instruction Guide included.
- The cold plate is used as the cryogen after being frozen in the freezer. The rest of the apparatus is assembled/mounted on top of the cold.
- Size: 150 mm x 150 mm x 35 mm
- Material: Transparent PVC
- Size: 100 m x 100mm x 110 mm
- Material: PVC
- Felt fabric on the bottom back-surface (location where ethanol is applied)
- Charging metal of intermediate layer: Aluminum
- Size: 130 mm x 130 mm x 70 mm
- used for easier observation by emitting a strong light onto the tracks of radioactive rays generated in the observation layer.
- Power Supply: 3 ea. AAA batteries (included)
- Tungsten rod containing thorium (fixed on resin board)
- Size: 24mm