Timer and Photogates
Item # P4-1450
Digital Timer & photogates. No computer required for this simple, intuitive data collection device. Complete set includes Timer, two photogates with cords, AC adaptor, user's manual, and hard carrying case.
Get the time at each photogate and the time between each at the same time!
Our Digital Timer and Photogates uses an infra-red beam that, when broken, registers a meticulously accurate time measurement. Students can choose from five timing modes:
- Stopwatch Mode: Measures in seconds and is accurate to one hundredth (0.01) of a second from 0.01 to 59.99 seconds. After one minute, the display switches to minutes: seconds.
- Interval Mode: Uses one or two Photogates to electronically collect times from up to 3 different locations. Photogate A, Photogate B, and/or the time between the two allowing for experiments on speed or acceleration.
- Frequency Mode: Measures the frequency of anything that breaks the light beams in the Photogates regularly, or the frequency of signals applied to the inputs.
- Period Mode: Measures the period of repetitive motions to 0.0001 seconds accuracy
- Count Mode: Counts whenever anything breaks the light beam, or sends a signal. There are two independent counters; each can each count up to 19,999.
Photogates are equipped with handy thumbscrews that are easy to connect and reposition.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Rechargeable battery
- Two Photogates with cords
- AC adaptor
- User's manual
- A hard carrying case.