Horizon Renewable Energy Education Set
Item # P4-2023
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies HK Ltd.
Use endlessly renewable solar power to create hydrogen fuel from water and learn the workings of a renewable energy system from start to finish. Explore clean energy sources and fuel cell technology.
Renewable Energy Experiment Kit turns water into power!
Demonstrates the workings of a clean energy technology system on a miniature scale with this Renewable Energy Education Set. Endlessly renewable solar power is used to create hydrogen fuel from water. With this Horizon Educational kit, students can examine and study each module in this set separately and then combine them in different ways (or with other kits) to learn the workings of a renewable energy system from start to finish.
- Power an electrical circuit using a solar panel or a wind turbine.
- Generate hydrogen through water electrolysis and convert it into electricity using a PEM fuel cell.
Whichever combination of technologies you want to explore, the Renewable Energy Education Set is a comprehensive introduction to the principles behind renewable microgrids.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Wind turbine body
- Rotor head for profiled blades
- 9 profiled blades for turbine
- Rotor head adapter for sheet blades
- 3 polypropylene sheet blades for turbine
- Rotor unlocking tool
- Turbine Support base
- Aluminum wind turbine post
- PEM Electrolyzer
- PEM Electrolyzer base
- PEM Fuel cell
- PEM Fuel cell base
- Hydrogen tank
- Oxygen tank
- Inner Gas containers
- Circuit board module base
- 100 ohm Variable Resistor module
- 1 Watt Solar panel
- Adaptors, tubing clincher & purging valve
- Assembly instructions
- CD with curriculum manuals
- Water/gas tank module base
- Flexible 2mm banana connecting leads
- Transparent silicon tubing
- Plastic plug pins for electrolyzer
- Battery pack with connecting leads
Below table indicates expected RPM speed, current, voltage, and power when placing the WindPitch in constant wind speed of 10mph when connected to load of 50 Ohms. This level of resistance may be applied using common potentiometer or Horizon’s variable resister module (included in Renewable Energy Education Set- FCJJ-37).
|Blade Type||No. of Blade||Wind Speed (mph)||Load (Ohm)||Output Voltage (V)||Output Current (mA)||Output Power (W)||Rotor Speed (RPM)|
Item # P8-3600