Light Box and Optical Set
Performing experiments involving refraction, reflection, and color is a breeze with our versatile, affordable Light Box & Optical Set. Features a virtually unbreakable light box, plus a full set of lenses, mirrors, slit plates, and color filters. Light bo
- Buy 6 for $129.00 each and save 7%
Everything you need to conduct dozens of optical demos, labs and experiments in one easy-to-use kit!
Performing experiments involving refraction, reflection, color, and color mixing is a breeze with our versatile, but affordable Light Box & Optical Set. The Complete Set features an easy-to-use, virtually unbreakable light box and collimating lens, plus a full set of lenses, acrylic blocks, half-round and parabolic mirrors, slit plates, color cards, and color filters. With just this one kit, you and your students get everything you need to:
- Create single or multiple parallel, convergent or divergent beams.
- Blend up to three colors on a screen to study color mixing.
- Create and test complex light paths from theoretical layouts.
- And perform many more light and color experiments.
The included instruction manual is packed with ideas for a broad range of exciting and "illuminating" experiments covering the requirements for practically every grade level. The kit includes a spare 12v, 36-watt bulb and special three-part molded styrene pack for safe, easy storage and transportation of the light box and all accessories. A power supply capable of producing 12 volts at 3 amps is required.
A power supply is required and not included. Our P4-7250 Power Supply is a great value.
There are many state and national science standards at different levels that can be addressed using the Light Box & Optical Set. Some examples are provided here; however, you should check with your state to find its exact standards.
- Light interacts with matter by transmission (including refraction), absorption, or scattering (including refraction). To see an object, light from that object - either emitted by the object or scattered by it- must enter the eye.
- Explain how we see colors of objects, including how different media refract, transmit, or absorb light.
- Investigate sources of light and how light behaves when it strikes different objects.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Laboratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.