Magnetic Field Model
- Buy 30 for $35.00 each and save 11%
Visualize magnetic fields in an instant!
The magnetic field model is one of the quickest and easiest ways to demonstrate invisible magnetic fields to your students. Each of the 117 arrows move and align with the magnetic field. Just run a magnet across it and the "invisible" fields will reveal themselves in the movements of the arrows.
The entire unit is 6X6 inches (150X150mm2), perfect for placement on an overhead projector!
In using this product, many of the national and states' science education standards are covered. Some examples are provided here. These are representative, however. Check with your state to find the exact standards.
- Students can create a representation of magnetic field lines around a bar magnet and qualitatively describe how the relative strength and direction of the magnetic force changes at various points.
- Students understand that magnets exert forces on all objects made of ferromagnetic materials (e.g. iron, cobalt, and nickel) as well as other magnets.
- Students can describe the forces exerted by magnets, electrically charged objects, and gravity.
- Students understand that magnetic forces act at a distance.
- Students know electric and magnetic fields contain energy and act as vector force fields
- Students understand that magnetic fields accompany magnets and are related to the strength and direction of the magnetic force.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Laboratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.