Item # 94-1050
Please note: PocketLab HotRod color may vary.
- Press the ball bearings onto the HotRod axles.
- Place the adhesive Velcro dots on the solid HotRod bumper.
- Place the hook Velcro dot on the top circular indent of the solid bumper.
- Place the loop Velcro dot on the bottom circular indent of the solid bumper.
- That way if you set up two HotRods to collide, the Velcro dots will match up in opposite pairs and stick together.
How to use the HotRod
- Place a PocketLab Voyager sensor in the center slot of the HotRod.
- The HotRod fits in a standard HotWheels track or can roll along any other surface.
How to Collect Data
Rangefinder: You can measure the position and velocity of the HotRod. Place a large flat surface like a wall or textbook in the line-of-sight of the sensor, so that the sensor can measure it’s relative position to the object.
Acceleration: You can use the acceleration function to measure motion and related forces. For example, you can measure the acceleration and force of a collision as the HotRod hits a crash barrier.
Magnetic Field: You can set up magnetic timing gates to measure the time interval it takes for the HotRod to travel over a known distance. You can use this setup to analyze a roller coaster or conduct races like a Pinewood Derby.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- 1 3D Printed Frame
- 2 Styles of Bumpers
- 4 Ball-Bearing Wheels
- 2 Pairs of Velcro Dots
- 1 Getting Started Guide