Light Box and Optical Set - “THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED”
Item # P2-9561
Premium-Tungston Halogen Lamp
Performing experiments involving refraction, reflection, color, and color mixing is a breeze with our versatile, but affordable Light Box & Optical Set.
Everything you need to conduct dozens of optical demos, labs and experiments in one easy-to-use kit!
Performing experiments involving refraction, reflection, color, and color mixing is a breeze with our versatile, but affordable Light Box & Optical Set. The Complete Set features an easy-to-use, virtually unbreakable light box and collimating lens, plus a full set of lenses, acrylic blocks, half-round and parabolic mirrors, slit plates, color cards, and color filters. With just this one kit, you and your students get everything you need to:
- Create single or multiple parallel, convergent or divergent beams.
- Blend up to three colors on a screen to study color mixing.
- Create and test complex light paths from theoretical layouts.
- And perform many more light and color experiments.
The included instruction manual is packed with ideas for a broad range of exciting and "illuminating" experiments covering the requirements for practically every grade level.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
Components Included in Set
- A spare 12v
- 36-watt bulb
- A Full set of lenses
- Acrylic blocks
- Half-round and parabolic mirrors
- Slit plates
- Color cards and color filters.
- Special three-part molded styrene pack for safe, easy storage and transportation of the light box and all accessories.
Needed and Not Provided
There are many state and national science standards at different levels that can be addressed using the Light Box & Optical Set. Some examples are provided here; however, you should check with your state to find its exact standards.
- Light interacts with matter by transmission (including refraction), absorption, or scattering (including refraction). To see an object, light from that object - either emitted by the object or scattered by it- must enter the eye.
- Explain how we see colors of objects, including how different media refract, transmit, or absorb light.
- Investigate sources of light and how light behaves when it strikes different objects.
Item # P4-7250
Item # P2-9561-03
Item # P2-9561-05
Item # P2-9561-07
Item # P2-9561-06
Item # P2-9561-04