Item # P6-3550
Item can be ordered
The Hand Held Tesla Coil - 48,000 volts in the palm of your hand. If you've seen a Plasma Globe, you've seen our Hand Held Tesla Coil in action. Create impressive 3-inch sparks and more.
The Hand Held Tesla Coil - up to 48,000 volts in the palm of your hand!
Our Tesla Coil, also known as the Oudin Coil, fits nicely in the palm of your hand making it easy to perform Tesla Coil experiments. The Hand Held Tesla Coil is the equivalent of the larger Tesla Coils you may have seen but in a smaller package and capable of the same Tesla coil experiments.
Invented by Nicola Tesla, this high-frequency transformer can step up ordinary 120-volt electricity to thousands of volts. Create impressive 3-inch sparks or use the high potential to light bulbs such as our spectrum tubes or Neon Wand, without touching! Adjustable from 20,000 to 48,000 volts the Hand Held Tesla Coil has a momentary on/off switch in it's Bakelite handle for improved safety.
Tesla Coil is rated at 120V 60hz.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Input voltage: 115 V, 50/60 Hz
- Output voltage: Between 20,000 V to 48,000 V, 500 kHz
- Current output of spark: 1 mA
- Primary coil output voltage: 1200 V, 50 or 60 Hz
- On/off switch and removable electrode tip
- Hand-held unit which generates a high voltage at a high frequency. It is intended for intermittent use, no more than 10 minutes at a time.
- When the electrode is held within ¼ to 1" from a metal object, a spark will jump to the metal
- A button on the side when pressed turns on the high voltage side of the coil. When it is depressed, the high voltage is turned off.
- The capacitance, resistance and inductance of this circuit is designed to oscillate, or ring, at a very high frequency, in this case 500 kHz