Item # 11-0020
Teach students how telescopes work and recreate Galileo's historic observations with the Galileoscope!
Developed by a team of leading astronomers, optical engineers, and science educators, the Galileoscope is a remarkably inexpensive and high-quality telescope. Teach students how telescopes work and recreate Galileo's historic observations. View lunar craters, Jupiter’s Galilean moons, Saturn’s rings, and bright star clusters. The 50 mm (2 in) diameter telescope offers 25X to 50X magnification, fits any standard tripod, and requires no tools for assembly.
Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
- Objective Diameter: 50 mm (2 in)
- Objective Focal Length: 500 mm (f/10)
- Eyepiece Focal Length: 20 mm
- Magnification: 25x (50x with Barlow)
- Field of View: 1 1/2° (3/4° with Barlow)
- Eyepiece Eye Relief: 16 mm (22 mm with Barlow)
- Eyepiece Barrel Diameter: 1 1/4 in (31 3/4 mm)