Introductory Optical System (Optical Bench)
Item # 92-7700
This simple but elegant Optical System is designed for basic optics experiments, and a great alternative to the traditional mounted optical benches. Students can now easily make the common measurements of image and focal distance with the included lenses, pinhole configurations, and 2-sided screen.
A Simple but Elegant Optical System
No more electrical cords, and no more lamps to break!
This simple but elegant Optical System (Optical Bench) is designed for basic optics experiments. Students can easily make the common measurements of image and focal distance with the included lenses, pinhole configurations, and 2-sided screen. A bright LED object allows optical measurements with the room lights on!
Works great as a demonstration or student lab. The Introductory Optical System is designed as an improvement to mounted optical benches. Each acrylic component has a cut-out that allows it to securely rest on a familiar meter stick (not supplied). With this setup, students can easily make the common measurements of image and focal distance. The LED-illuminated object is self-contained, powered by 2 AAA batteries, and sufficiently bright to project an image on a unique semi-transparent screen (viewable from both sides); even with the lights on! Students will now have the freedom to perform all the requisite quantitative optical investigations.
If you are searching for a more cost-effective alternative to a traditional optical bench (optics bench), we highly recommend taking a closer look at our Introductory Optical System by checking out the product video on this page.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Single Lens Holder
- Double Lens Holder
- LED Object (batteries included)
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, +100mm Double Convex
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, +200mm Double Convex
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, -100mm Double Concave
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, -200mm Double Concave
- Viewing Screen, Double Sided
- Pinhole Configuration Cards, Pair
- Instructional Guide and Activities
- Unique semi-transparent screen allows image to be seen from both sides
- Battery powered LED Object; super bright LEDs – no need to turn off the lights
- LED “F” Object (batteries included)
- Sturdy and robust acrylic components
- Ruler cut-outs allow components to rest securely on a standard meter stick for easy measurements
- Use of standard double convex and double concave lenses
- Simple elegant design and ease of use
Item # 92-7800
Item # P1-7062
Item # P1-7072
Item # 92-7700-02
Item # 92-7700-08
Item # 92-7700-03
Item # 92-7700-01
Item # 92-7700-04
Item # 92-7700-05
Item # 92-7700-06
Item # 92-7700-07
Item # 92-7700-09