Introductory Optical System (Optical Bench)
Item # 92-7700
This simple but elegant Optical System is designed for basic optics experiments, and a great alternative to the traditional mounted optical benches. Students can now easily make the common measurements of image and focal distance with the included lenses, pinhole configurations, and 2-sided screen.
A Simple but Elegant Optical System
No more electrical cords, and no more lamps to break!
Works great as a demonstration or student lab. The Introductory Optical System is designed as an improvement to mounted optical benches. Each acrylic component has a cut-out that allows it to securely rest on a familiar meter stick (not supplied). With this setup, students can easily make the common measurements of image and focal distance. The LED-illuminated object is self-contained, powered by 2 AAA batteries, and sufficiently bright to project an image on a unique semi-transparent screen (viewable from both sides); even with the lights on! Students will now have the freedom to perform all the requisite quantitative optical investigations.
If you are searching for a more cost-effective alternative to a traditional optical bench (optics bench), we highly recommend taking a closer look at our Introductory Optical System by checking out the product video on this page.
Products being sold are not toys. They are for Educational / Labratory use only. They are not for use by children 12 and under.
- Single Lens Holder
- Double Lens Holder
- LED Object (batteries included)
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, +100mm Double Convex
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, +200mm Double Convex
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, -100mm Double Concave
- Lens: Dia. 50mm, -200mm Double Concave
- Viewing Screen, Double Sided
- Pinhole Configuration Cards, Pair
- Instructional Guide and Activities
- Unique semi-transparent screen allows image to be seen from both sides
- Battery powered LED Object; super bright LEDs – no need to turn off the lights
- LED “F” Object (batteries included)
- Sturdy and robust acrylic components
- Ruler cut-outs allow components to rest securely on a standard meter stick for easy measurements
- Use of standard double convex and double concave lenses
- Simple elegant design and ease of use
Item # 92-7800
Item # P1-7062
Item # P1-7072
Item # 92-7700-02
Item # 92-7700-08
Item # 92-7700-03
Item # 92-7700-01
Item # 92-7700-04
Item # 92-7700-05
Item # 92-7700-06
Item # 92-7700-07
Item # 92-7700-09